Bobby's Blog...<br>        " Process Poetic " <$BlogRSDUrl$>

                                                                   Font:  LG  |  sm


Tuesday, September 23, 2003




Today was supposed to be the last hot day... a fitting end to summer.

Richard had stomach distress today... so he came home early. Between he, and Larry ( my father-in-law ), and myself we finished patching the bedroom floor. Carpet-layers come tomorrow.

No truck... however my nephew did get his car up and running... chalk this snafu up to experience. Still have hopes for getting my $50 USD back.

Worked on some bugs in my HTML code on my new website. Also need to rework some artwork I "borrowed" and manipulated. Seems the fine print from this particular artist stipulates fair use and free-to-use as: the artwork is o.k. to use on the desktop... but not on websites ( or commercially ) without expressed consent and renumeration ( implied )... go figger ! I'll have to take some photos of my own and retouch in the manner of what I had... pity... the artwork was exactly what I wanted for two of my pages.



           For Art's Sake !!!


        I scoured the web

        seeking for images

        to best fit my poetry

        I, already inspired


        and finally I alight

        upon creations fantastic

        free-to-use advertised

        exactly what I desired


        just needed to edit

        which I dispatched with vigor

        crop here, render there

        artistically wired


        then read the fine print...

        upon second perusal...

        "no website posting allowed"

        caught in a quandary, mired


        for artwork is owned

        by its creator in toto

        artistic license indeed !

        when money most required


        I released back the work

        to the ether whence spawned

        and look inward, not out

        for creations acquired



        : Bobby Nichols 9/23/2003






Caveat lector ! Mea culpa... dirigo disjecta membra ubique... sic itur vis inertiæ. Fiat lux !!!

Vale !






C'ya.  
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?