Bobby's Blog...<br>        " Process Poetic " <$BlogRSDUrl$>

                                                                   Font:  LG  |  sm


Tuesday, October 07, 2003



A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls.
--Dan Quayle

Politics is more difficult than physics
--Albert Einstein

Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently and for the same reason.
--Anonymous

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.
--Ronald Reagan

Ninety eight percent of the adults in this country are decent, hardworking, honest Americans. It's the other lousy two percent that get all the publicity. But then, we elected them.
--Lily Tomlin

Politics gives guys so much power that they tend to behave badly around women. And I hope I never get into that.
--William J. Clinton - Bill Clinton

Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything.
--Josef Stalin

It may not always be easy, convenient, or politically correct to stand for truth and right, but it is the right thing to do. Always.
--M. Russell Ballard

Mothers all want their sons to grow up to be president but they don't want them to become politicians in the process
--John Fitzgerald Kennedy





Gorgeous day out today... unfortunately I, and David, were feeling under the weather, so to speak. David has a sore throat and I just feel blah. After Da Boards and news and e-mail and breakfast I took a nap for about 4-hours.

Gail's van is being worked on. Timing belt and fuel pump and water pump and manifold gasket... with any luck, yeah sure !, most of the parts are under warrantee.

Well... with no vehicle I decided to walk to the polling place in Kelsey at the little white church to vote in the California Governor recall election. Took 1-hour walking to get there. I declined a ride from my son-in-law when over half way to the polling place for ambivalent reasons. He was on his way home from work, and I was still somewhat fresh, pant, pant, so I waved him on. On the return trip, about 30-minutes from the polling place, I made it as far as the beginning of our hill on Spanish Flat, quite steep, and was a bit relieved when my nephew Paul came by and offered a ride up the hill. I accepted readily. 1½ hours of walking is the most I've done since my brother Jim's wedding in Portland a number of years back. It felt good... after the fact. My wind, breathing wise, isn't what it used to be... nor my stamina. I really need to do more walking, it's one of those multitudinous of things I really need to do.


Ken ar c'hentañ !





C'ya.  
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?