Bobby's Blog...<br>        " Process Poetic " <$BlogRSDUrl$>

                                                                   Font:  LG  |  sm


Thursday, October 09, 2003



Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese.
--G. K. Chesterton



The above quote sounds like just the challenge I needed... thank you Mister Che(e)s(e)terton !

BLOGGER changed its format and in the process changed all my poetry formatting the other day. Had to go back and edit my spacing and delete some "nbsp"'s that were left as words rather than a space before each new line... had to insert the de-limiter ";" to fix.

Gail's van is back. No final word on $$$ USD yet.

I went walking today ! About 2½-3 miles in about 50-minutes. Would have done so yesterday, but I was still a little sore from Tuesday... mind willing, body not.

Spent most the afternoon today on Da Boards... reading and learning. E-mail included some more earthquake alerts... Hokkaido still getting hit hard, a small quake off the coast of Northern California, one in the " Pillapina's "... Phillipines, I believe.

I finally figured out my image viewing problem with Internet Explorer. It was my fault all the way. I forgot that when you use Earthlink Accelerator with IE at high accelleration... the images WILL be degraded... says so very clearly - I had forgotten. At least I figued out the solution myself. Still, it gave me a chance to get acquainted with OPERA, my new main browser. Now if I can just figure out why my new website keeps crashing on my desktop, hmmmmmmmmmm...

I downloaded a 1 MB ap ( ThumbaWumba - freeware ) from TuDogs.com to help me with a quickie way to get HTML code for thumbnails and their respective enlarged pics. Haven't tried it yet... but it looks promising. Be a good way to " throw up " that occasional quick website full of pics ( I'm thinking about your pics of England, Mom ! ). Use this utility with the online CSS generator previously found ( thank you Lockergnome !!! ) and I may have solved all my coding problems !!! Well... almost.

Arnold is Governor ?... still boggles the mind. I just envision every voting " kiddee " 18 years of age up through college senior voted for him as a joke. Reminds me of when I was of that age and we stuffed the ballot box in... maybe some other time !

Pork chops, hominy, and rice-a-roni for dinner... mmmmm mmmmm ! A little " chateau Moo " to chase it down and I " be " quite sated... maybe a yogurt later for dessert.

Now... time to Google "cheese" for some poem ideas...


   " Homage to Fromage ? "
         or
   " To Brie or not to Brie..."


For a salad delightful of the green-leafy sort
crumble in Blue Cheese, Feta, or Roquefort
or add them to a dressing thick and creamy
to your avocado, chick-peas, and tomatoe... mmm, dreamy !

To make a fondue... into the pot: Cheddar, Gruyère, or Swiss...
a bit of wine, and cherry liqueur; salt, pepper to taste
Use fork or tong with breads or meats... or perhaps skewer all this...
creamy, delightfully rich morsals... to add inches to the waist

Pizza, pizza ! that calls for Mozzarella !
add pepperoni, ham, olive, "shroom" in the pie crust dishy
with Parmesan or Romano sprinkled liberally on top
and I'm in Heaven, dining... ( sans fishy !!! )

To snack on an outing with wine, bread, and thee
wedges of Colby, Cheddar, Gouda, Camembert, and Brie
Or if sandwiches are want to be made ( with mayo and mustard ) instead
add Provolone, Jack, Colby, Fontina, or Muenster to your favorite bread

Queso Asadero for nachos, Cottage Cheese with fruit or alone,
cannaloni with Ricotta, Asiago with bagels for your appetite edge to hone
The list goes on... Gorgonzola, Edam, Limburger, Hazarti...
Jarlsberg and Curado... Bring them all ! Let's have a PARTY !!!


     : Bobby Nichols 10/9/2003


Thanks especially to Sargento Cheese.com/ to whom I gleaned a lot of info on cheese and http://www.science.uva.nl/~mes/recipe/gale/misc/fondue-coll.html for some " different " fondues... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

Shevbash !





C'ya.  
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?