Bobby's Blog...<br>        " Process Poetic " <$BlogRSDUrl$>

                                                                   Font:  LG  |  sm


Wednesday, December 17, 2003


" Nothing contributes so much to tranquilize the mind as a steady purpose — a point on which the soul may fix its intellectual eye. "
--Mary Shelley



Walked to bus stop to meet my grandson David and walked him home.

Dug trench to bury new phone line my father-in-law, Larry, was kind enough to string the wire for and connect. After a few difficulties and Larry calling a few knowledgeable souls... the phone is working nicely. Gail hooked up an old decrepit FAX machine to the line and we now have FAX capabilities and phone use. Next: ISP connecting for Gail's computer.

Reading Da Boards... re: To: Marty (lanimas55) set me to waxing philosophical:

My credo:
Trust everyone and no one.
... perhaps even original !? A few years back I lent a jacket to one in need knowing there was the probability that I wouldn't get it back... I didn't get the jacket back, but then I was prepared for the loss.

I don't consider myself a cynic in the contemporary usage of the term, merely a realist. A Cynic in ancient times believed " that virtue was the goal of life " ( Funk & Wagnalls Standard Desk Dictionary 1974 )... a worthy endeavor for anyone.

From " I, Claudius ", by Peter Graves:
setting: Rome in the time when Claudius was Emperor of Rome circa year (40 ) A.D. and Herod was King of Judea... A link...

" Herod: Listen Claudius, let me give you a piece of advice.
Claudius: Oh, I thought you'd finished giving advice.
Herod: Well, just one more piece, then I'm done. Trust no one, my friend, no one. Not your most grateful freedman. Not your most intimate friend. Not your dearest child. Not the wife of your bosom. Trust no one.
Claudius: No one? Not even you? "...Herod eventually betrays Claudius.

p.m. Gail's cooking / Chrissy's at work / David and Richard playing some video games / Ashley watching cartoons " Arnold " / (on occasion) David and Ashley teasing and screaming as (3) and (7) year olds will - while Richard, their father, tries to maintain his sanity / me: 'putin...

Namariè !



C'ya.  
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?