Bobby's Blog...<br>        " Process Poetic " <$BlogRSDUrl$>

                                                                   Font:  LG  |  sm


Wednesday, January 28, 2004


" Literature is strewn with the wreckage of men who
have minded beyond reason the opinions of others. "

--Virginia Woolf



Quiet this time of night/morning. The house cooling a bit. One of the dogs, Ralph - I think, barking at who knows what. The rest of the family bedded down... I expect Gail, anytime, for one of her many forays out of bed from pain or full bladder. The house cats and dogs also at their sleep. A little more time at the keyboard for me, maybe check Da Boards, perhaps some light reading in a bit. NPR, National Public Radio, playing classical music on my radio at low volume. A light chill motion of air finding its way about me. I've finished my latest poem:


               Rope's End

        The end unimaginative


        lips ripening

        more purple than heliotrope


        my smile erased

        I embrace the end


        forgotten



        :Bobby Nichols 1-28-2004


A bit of the "poetic noir" for my latest attempt ( at poetry, heh-heh ! ) for "Poetry in Motion "... a daily contest ( see sidebar ). The discipline of trying to write a poem once a day is proving quite alluring... fun actually.

Wood stove still smoking up the house. Time to clean the chimney ? May be interesting in the rain.


Good-bye !!!





C'ya.  
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?