Bobby's Blog...<br>        " Process Poetic " <$BlogRSDUrl$>

                                                                   Font:  LG  |  sm


Wednesday, February 18, 2004


" Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way. "

--Booker T. Washington... a link !!!



Late night poetry and surfing while it's quiet... shhhhhhhhhhhh !

My entries... " Poetry in Motion" daily contest:


                         Ad Astra...


                   The stars wait

                   never to be crossed

                   lest we go beyond

                   the need for

                   space-time


                   :Bobby Nichols 2-18-2004




              The Garden Path... Not


        The garden's path wends

        much too uninspiredly laid

        I seek the obscure


        :Bobby Nichols 2-17-2004


" Ad Astra...  "... well, it 'sounded' good... a bit of the Sci-Fi reading rubbing off on me or must be reading to much into " Strings and Things "... a link !!! ( also on sidebar over ---> that way ---> ) ... String and Super-String Theory is WAY over my head, but fascinating just the same.

" The Garden Path... Not  "... a Haiku: I do not wish to be " led down the garden path ", though a trite colloquial expression... true. I'd rather take the offbeat path in search of treasures unplanned and hitherto unexplored. As a child I loved to wander the environs beyond our home... ( my Grandfather Nichols' house on N.W. 107th street where I and my parents and two brothers and two sisters lived when Grandpa moved to Alaska after the death of my Grandmother Nina in '55, in Seattle )... to Carkeek Park: Link-1... Link-2... Link-3... you get the idea. At this time in my wanderings... let's see in 1962, before we moved out of this idyllic paradise, I was 8-years of age and younger, usually wandering with my friend Paul, a year older than I, or my brother Jim ( grudgingly - he a year younger than I ) or mostly by myself. Gullies and streams and nettles and skunk-cabbage and willows and trains and an old tugboat? inland on someone's private property ( who never knew we played in it ) and the shoreline bedecked with squirting cherry-stone clams and the sand sometimes getting so hot ( yes, even in Seattle ) that you didn't want to be barefoot in the sand and star fish and shells and driftwood and rocks and GOD ! WHAT A GREAT TIME AND PLACE TO BE A KID !!!... but I digress... NOT !

My brain babblith over... post this puppy !

Adieu, mes amis !!!



C'ya.  
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?