Bobby's Blog...<br>        " Process Poetic " <$BlogRSDUrl$>

                                                                   Font:  LG  |  sm


Tuesday, March 16, 2004


" The disunited mind is far from wise; how can it meditate? How be at peace? When you know no peace, how can you know joy ? "

--The Bhagavad Gita



... also from the Bhagavad Gita: " Little by little, through patience and repeated effort, the mind will become stilled in the Self. " An axiom in any endeavor... re-iterative study/practice AND discipline combine to create a result: which satisfies the psyche while remaining constrained by social mores, or more definitively... the super-ego. One way this is shown to be true is by way of the " Kata " used in martial arts especially, but by no means exclusively. As the article in the link says, however, a rigidity of form may expose one's weakness from the unexpected, again, in any discipline. So maybe: patience, repeated effort, and that intangible 6th sense one might acquire through experience to complete the equation... or as my thoughts splay... HUH !!!

My brother Robin forwarded a picture of my cousin Steve, son of my Uncle John, taken with the sunset in Iraq in the background. I hope cousin Johnny, Steve's elder brother, is back from Iraq by now. I rarely get any news about the cousin's, and then usually from Mom. The last time I saw Steve was in 1985, when my Grandmother passed. I think he was in high school then. God grant Steve, and all involved, safety... and his/their families comfort.

More pitch, hit , and grunt today with David.

My entries... " Poetry in Motion" daily contest:


                         La(o)co(o)nica


                   Mephisto... soul seeking

                   wings grimly with vigor


                   Success found

                   of Faustian desire


                   New-claimed dead spell-bound

                   his persistence never ending


                   :Bobby Nichols 3-16-2004




              Island Tryst


        Tropic dusk of rose

        I embrace she scented of

        Gardenia musk


        :Bobby Nichols 3-16-2004






" La(o)co(o)nica  "... short and to the point: beware of demons bearing gifts ( sic ). The title somewhat of an entwining of " laconic " ( brief and to the point of rudeness ) and " Laocoon "... the priest at Troy warned of the impending Greek treachery with the Trojan Horse. I apologize for any English syntax errors that may appear... " wings grimly with vigor " comes to mind. I tried to deal with what 'tiles' were given, and yet paint the 'minds canvas' with demonic fervor... my English composition never being my strong suit ( with apologies to teachers Ms. Hart and Ms. Korman ). In researching " Faust ", by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, I noted that he, Faust, escaped Mephistopheles' net with Divine intervention, hence " Faustian desire " or a desire to gain truth and worldly pleasures through the selling of one's soul, as Faust ( or Faustus ) himself nearly consummated.

" Island Tryst  "... The inspirational photo was of a tropical setting with one palm tree and other exotic flora at sunset, the sun not in view, but the sky and reflecting waters a rose hue. I thought to convey as many sensory images as I could. By the by... I inserted a link to Nordstrom's for Trish McEvoy 4 Gardenia Musk Spray ( $60.00 ) in the 3rd line of the poem as a lark ( Trish / Tryst ). Gardenia mon préférence pour le parfum d'une femme.

Da boch chi !!!


C'ya.  
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?