Bobby's Blog...<br>        " Process Poetic " <$BlogRSDUrl$>

                                                                   Font:  LG  |  sm


Monday, March 15, 2004


" The great critic must be a philosopher, for from philosophy he will learn serenity, impartiality, and the transitoriness of human things. "

--William Somerset Maugham, English writer 1874-1965



Beautiful weather... light breeze and warm.

I took a short walk on Sunday after Church/Sunday school/baptism for the " Waters' ". I've been getting a ride from the Wadsworth's ( pardon the spelling ) and asked them to drop me off at their place, about half a mile ( close to a kilometer ) from home. Great day for a short walk.

Amusing e-mail from Mom... a re-iteration of an e-mail sent to her about the lighter side of the English language... example: " A backward poet writes inverse. " and " He often broke into song because he couldn't find the key ".

E-mail from Robin on his progress with his backyard landscaping project in pictures... lookin' good.

I went to the Temple in Oakland on Saturday. Very beautiful grounds and the Temple itself is breathtaking. The temple sits in the hills of Oakland, CA and on this sunny day was just above the fog/smog layer. The view looking down upon Oakland showed the homes and buildings to be in a dingy light from the before mentioned fog/smog. I was able to see a portion of the Golden Gate in the distance, and later Sutro Tower. The San Francisco downtown skyline was very visible. It was a small misfortune that the visitor center was closed for renovation.

The feeling I had when inside the Temple was one of awe and serenity... a humbling of the soul. Performing the rights I was able to perform brought me closer to my family who had 'passed' before me than I had thought possible, giving me a warm feeling of love. Brother Duane and Sister Carole Hallford, again... pardon the spelling , who were kind enough to take me with them, were most gracious and helpful and guided me gently through the experience, as I was quite overwhelmed... a beautiful experience I will cherish.

Poetry, BLOG, e-mail, fed the horses, walk. Elders coming by tonite.

My entries... " Poetry in Motion" daily contest:


                         Genealogy


                   The desire... deep

                   to continue

                   ancestral histories


                   Very important... indeed

                   to our

                   family passed


                   :Bobby Nichols 3-15-2004




              Dragonfly !


        Iridescent wings

        ablur... harlequin body

        reposed... Dragonfly !


        :Bobby Nichols 3-15-2004






" Genealogy  "... Work to be done !

" Dragonfly  "... Beautiful dragonfly shown at rest, except for its wings, as if ready to pounce on its prey.

Shibuyé ba !!!


C'ya.  
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?