Bobby's Blog...<br>        " Process Poetic " <$BlogRSDUrl$>

                                                                   Font:  LG  |  sm


Tuesday, April 06, 2004


" Artistic growth is, more than it is anything else, a refining of the sense of truthfulness. The stupid believe that to be truthful is easy; only the artist, the great artist, knows how difficult it is. "


--Willa Cather 1873-1947



Truth isn't easy ?

Warm breezy Spring day... a slight chill in the late afternoon. Allergies bad... stayed indoors 'til I worked up the energy for a walk before sundown

Attended LDS conference at the church on Sunday. I had walked to Brother and Sister Wadsworth's to watch on their TV... but they needed to leave to help out Sister Halford - whose husband is sick. They were gracious enough to drive me to the Church so I might watch the conference from there. They even called later to see if I had gotten home okay after dropping by the Church... and found me not there ( I had accepted a ride home from Brother and Sister Sweet ).

Brother-in-law Larry arrived Sunday from South Dakota on his motorcycle to begin the repairs ( major ) on my daughter's mobile home... HALLELUJAH !!! (2) WEEKS TO GO !!! BE STILL MY RACING HEART !!!

Prime rib for dinner ?... at the in-laws. Gail made me a plate so's I could eat home and finish my poem entry before 9 P.M. PDT.


My entries... " Poetry in Motion" daily contest:


                         Revealed


                   The hot breath

                   of life escapes

                   My Ethereal

                   Being revealed


                   :Bobby Nichols 4-5-2004




                         Lovesick


                   She carried the

                   loss within

                   A tragedy of

                   love left threadbare

                   Her desire languishing

                   of her own accord


                   :Bobby Nichols 4-6-2004




                   Snake


        Forked tongue held in check

        Raised... red eyes transfixed ahead

        Gazing for its prey


        :Bobby Nichols 4-5-2004



                   Camouflage


        Tall savannah grass

        Death concealed most cunningly

        Patient lioness


        :Bobby Nichols 4-5-2004





" Revealed  "... Pardon the poetic/liturgical license taken... the 'tiles' were most unkind.
A conundrum... I already have a poem entitled " Ethereal Being " ... ( 3-10-2004 ), as, I believe, this poem begs to be named... " Revealed  " a compromise over " EB2 ".

" Lovesick  "... When the light of love dims and its warmth grows cold.

" Snake  "... a Haiku: I showed Gail the picture... she thought the snake had red eyes... I couldn't tell, but, I thought to include the observation in the poem. I suppressed the impulse for " Sneaky Snake " or " Snake in the Grass " as being too trite.

" Camouflage  "... a Haiku: Well I messed up this entry. I syllabibbled only (6) times in the second line ( instead of the required (7) ) when I entered the poem. The above shows the extra syllabibble added ( cunning to cunningly )... oh well ! Also. I first thought the word " patient " had (3) syllabibbles: " pay-sheee-ent "... shee-eee-eeesh !

Veil-thin fog tonight, barely noticeable unless viewing the near-full moon. The moon so bright nary a star in sight... well, a few in truth - with a planet or two or three or four or five. The light breeze wafting the scent of the lilacs now in full bloom.

If you click on my " Goodbye " ( in a foreign language ) link to follow, you'll see who should get credit for most of my farewells each posting...

Görüsædæk !!!


C'ya.  
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?