Bobby's Blog...<br>        " Process Poetic " <$BlogRSDUrl$>

                                                                   Font:  LG  |  sm


Sunday, April 04, 2004


" Do you not see how necessary a world of pains and troubles is to school an intelligence and make it a soul ? "

--John Keats



More Keats... " Beauty is truth, truth is all ye know on earth, and all Ye need to know. " and " It appears to me that almost any man may like the spider spin from his own inwards his own airy citadel. " and " I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections, and the truth of imagination. "... WHOA !!!

Friday: I managed to splash myself with an industrial cleaner solution in the face. I was trying to set aside a bottle of CASTROL SUPER CLEAN that Gail had opened and I could not find the cap. Sure enough I must have jostled my arm and the solution erupted from the bottle into the left side of my face... my glasses shielding my eyes... Thank The Lord !!!
Rushing, I rinsed the solution from my face and hands and then read the label: Flush affected area for 15 minutes with cold water and go to the hospital... O.K. !!! Panic Time and I'm freaked: Gail, her Mother, and I head off to the hospital (40) miles ( 64 kilometers ) away. On the way about ( 10 ) miles out Gail needs to use the phone... so we get off the freeway to stop and use the cell phone. I noticed a Fire-station and asked Gail to stop there for advice. They advised using their shower to further the rinsing of the solution... and I do so for about 15 minutes in cool water. I'm now feeling physically better and no blistering has occured... but my mood is still not stellar. My sincere apologies to Gail and her Mother.
We end up going home where I call the manufacturer's med advice line. Their main concern is if I had blistered in the affected area... no, no blisters, and the burning sensation's gone. Their advice is to treat the burn like a sunburn. I was lucky to dilute the solution quickly AND not get it IN my eyes nor nose nor mouth. I now have minor blotching near the left eye, left ear lobe, and left side of my face... and a bit more on my nose where the skin burned between the nostrils, which was already tender from my allergies.

Saturday: LDS bi-annual TV conferences at the church. Gail grudgingly dropped me off at 11 a.m. and Brother Wadsworth kindly brought me home. I did take a short walk to a park in Georgetown during a break in the TV conferencing and attempted some poetry which I'll relate in a bit. I'd swear, but I won't, that most of the speakers were speaking directly to me... but then that's one of the allures of the LDS Church for me. With a Prophet restored to present day - The Church's message is relevant for our times. Gail's mood a bit better when I arrive home before 8 p.m..

Chrissy and Richard off ( to the bar ? ) to celebrate one of Richard's brother-in-law's birthday.

Called Mom... snow in Anchorage. She's to take a trip to Port Ludlow in Washington soon... and m a y b e get down to California for Mandy's wedding in May... Cool !

Poetry creation whilst at the park in Georgetown ( CA ):

                         Absence of Mirth


                   Childless park on a warm afternoon

                   Though light breeze blows

                   and birds sing and frogs creak...

                   somehow a desolation seems

                   ... an absence of mirth


                   :Bobby Nichols 4-3-2004




                   Dandelion1


        Tall thin stalk rises

        Crowned with a thousand wishes

        Waiting the child-like


        :Bobby Nichols 4-3-2004



                   Dandelion2


        Foliage hugs ground

        whilst vibrant yellow petals,

        clustered, hazard forth


        :Bobby Nichols 4-3-2004



                   Cat-tails


        Cat-tails cloistered tight

        Tall plumes, white, flag their locale

        Blackbird's call beckons


        :Bobby Nichols 4-3-2004



                   The Swing


        What better fashion

        to pretend one's in flight... than

        when pushed on a swing !


        :Bobby Nichols 4-3-2004





My entries... " Poetry in Motion" daily contest:


                         BreakDown


                   The shadows...

                   something's there

                   A hissing laugh

                   awakening inside my mind

                   I crumble

                   ... mad


                   :Bobby Nichols 2-6-2004




                   The Garden Spider


        Orbed web denizen

        In repose... senses strung taut

        Alfresco doom nigh


        :Bobby Nichols 4-2-2004



                   The Swan


        Singular swan glides

        upon turbulent water,

        turgid, on errand


        :Bobby Nichols 4-3-2004





" BreakDown  "... Found this entry somehow never printed in my collection nor BLOG from a while back while checking on my rough drafts and finals. Edited one aspect: ' something's ' instead of ' something '... just 'sounded' better. A delusional overload for the collapse ?

" The Garden Spider  "... a Haiku: Spider ! " Doom nigh, alfresco " better ?... I can't decide.

" The Swan  "... a Haiku: turgid = ostentatiously or pretentious

" Dandelion 1 & 2, Cat-tails, The Swing  "... Haiku's: Just some of the observations and feelings while at the park in Georgetown, CA.



Adieu !!!


C'ya.  
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?