Bobby's Blog...<br>        " Process Poetic " <$BlogRSDUrl$>

                                                                   Font:  LG  |  sm


Friday, April 16, 2004


" I have written some poetry that I don't understand myself. "
--Carl Sandburg... a link !



With regards to the above quote... I guess I'm in good company. Also by Carl Sandburg: " Poetry is the journal of a sea animal living on land, wanting to fly in the sky. " and " Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance. " and " I never made a mistake in grammar but one in my life and as soon as I done it I seen it. " and " I am an idealist. I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way. "

My apologies: Carpe diem = dying goldfish. ( enjoy today ? ) Did I mention I named the Grandkid's goldfish Wanda and Cosmo... after the two færies in " Fairly Odd Parents " ?... a cartoon show. Our kitties love to drink from their large aquarium... even with a water bowl set out for them... and Taffy-Doodles has begun to explore further. More than once one of the cats has taken quite a dunking.

Thought I'd relate something to another in passing that I'd remembered from the news about April 15th being noted not only for " Tax Day " in the USA, but also the anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic... ( a link ! )... little did I know that this person had lost an uncle in the sinking of the Titanic... ( Goggle search links )... and that it was still a sore issue after all these years. Though said person to whom I'd 'opened my mouth and inserted my foot' to was too young to actually remember the event, their family had never let go of the grief incurred.

Allergies !!! No rest continues !! Still no rain !

Poem(s): I managed to get a quick total of my published poems in this BLOG ( not published anywhere else... of course !!! ) and came up with over ( 120 ) total... ( 115 ) listed on the sidebar. That's maybe ( 160 ) Canadian poems or ( 12500 ) Japanese poems at the current exchange rate ... cool !

My entries... " Poetry in Motion" daily contest:


                         Apathetic Want


                   The broken shards

                   of empty desire

                   passing reflections

                   piercing my mind


                   :Bobby Nichols 4-16-2004




                   BunnySloper


        I near the abyss...

        unsettled... What was that black

        diamond thingee ?


             :Bobby Nichols 4-16-2004






" Apathetic Want  "... A conflict. We all have needs, physical and/or psychological and/or spiritual, etc, that we must, somehow, balance. When two, I shan't speculate otherwise, individuals are involved the balance(s) sometime(s) become(s) spurious for many reasons... leaving one or both: hurt / confused / ___________ ( fill in the blank ). Just a poem...

" BunnySloper  "... a Haiku: Been there - done that... walked all the way down a run near Mt. Lassen... mortified... but not mort !!!

Fæstædær fendzystæm !!!


C'ya.  
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?