Bobby's Blog...<br>        " Process Poetic " <$BlogRSDUrl$>

                                                                   Font:  LG  |  sm


Wednesday, May 19, 2004




" The planting of trees is the least self-centered of all that we can do. It is a purer act of faith than the procreation of children. "

--Thornton Wilder... a link !!!


More from Thornton Wilder:

" It is only in appearance that time is a river. It is a vast landscape and it is the eye of the beholder that moves. "
" Where there is an unknowable, there is a promise. "
" Literature is the orchestration of platitudes. "

Weather still in the 70°'s Fahrenheit range, but windy... allergies still bad.

Space.com had an article about the planet Venus transiting in front of the sun on June 8, 2004 (just a few weeks )... which also happens to be the wed2ding an13niversary of Gail and I. This event apparently only occurs for we earthbound people every 122 years... though due to celestial mechanics another will occur in 8 years. Unfortunately both transits will not be visible in their entirety to most due to the earth's rotation and inclination, Venus and the Sun setting early in the sky, or even just bad weather... oh well. If one is lucky enough to view, be sure to take proper eye care precautions.
On another note, PBS will air/aired on "Nova" another celestial event of the real kind Tuesday, June 1, 2004 titled "death STAR". I noted this after creating my poem " ShockWave " when reading my email from TuDogs... celestial hazards abound !

Tony Randall passed away at the age of 84. I've always admired his craft of wit.

My entries... " Poetry in Motion" daily contest:



ShockWave



Time and space

in strife

Curving inward

then out

Shocks striking

stars

      ... planets

                     ... life


:Bobby Nichols

5-18-2004



Taffy-Doodles


Curled asleep on me

Picture need be to inspire ?

Eh? Taffy-Doodles ?


:Bobby Nichols 5-18-2004




Parthian Angst



Don't stare...

make me

cry

Do you want

my heart to hide ?

You hurt me...

why ?

I leave

... don't care


:Bobby Nichols

5-18-2004



Coquette


So drawn to thee, I

Though thy flowery embrace

Be shielded of thorn


:Bobby Nichols 5-18-2004



" ShockWave  "... again... possibly too much Sci-Fi reading, since cosmology is beyond my comprehension. I might envision a super-massive black-hole tearing through the fabric of space-time, as a rock thrown into a calm pool of water, sending ripples of force throughout the universe, dark-matter most discordantly strewn, turgid... then I might not.

" Parthian Angst  "... Twenty 'tiles' : twenty words. I thought the line structure: ( 2:2:1:3:4:3:1:2:2 ) lent something to the poem... perhaps a simple symmetry to feelings deeply, but simply, expressed. As for the title, such a simple poem deserves an obscure title, non ?, parthian... as in parting words, and angst... of a personal nature.

" Taffy-Doodles "... a Haiku: Just for fun ! Welllllllllllll... the picture for inspiration would not show on the Poetry.com website, and Taffy-Doodles has taken over my tummy-shelf and left arm, sooooooooo... And, as I nearly finish this explanation, he jumps off in hunt of a mosquito hawk ( big flying bug ), catches, and devours it... yuk !!! On going back, much later in the day, the photo was of a mammalian dolphin, as opposed to a dolphin fish.

" Coquette "... a Haiku: Coquette, an interesting creature as I recall from bygone days. The photo for inspiration was of a yellow many-petaled flower in the midst of thorny needles, perhaps a cactus flower.

Later !!! ( BTGOG )





C'ya.  
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?