Bobby's Blog...<br>        " Process Poetic " <$BlogRSDUrl$>

                                                                   Font:  LG  |  sm


Saturday, June 26, 2004



"The poet's eye, in a fine frenzy rolling,
Doth glance from heaven to earth, from earth to heaven;
And as imagination bodie forth
The forms of things unknown, the poet's pen
Turns them to shapes, and gives to airy noting."

--William Shakespeare


More "imagination":

"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire; you will what you imagine; and at last you create what you will."--George Bernard Shaw
"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination."--John Lennon
"Imagination... its limits are only those of the mind itself."--Rod Serling
"By going over your day in imagination before you begin it, you can begin acting successfully at any moment."--Dorothea Brande
"To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."--Wallace Stevens

Gail purchased some material for a very reasonable price at a new local thrift store. I purchased a dark blue/black "Brooks Brothers" tie with but the slightest imperfection for $1.00 USD. What caught my eye was its length... suitable for one of my height of ~6' 4".

Chrissy and Richard had friends over to their place for a pool party Friday evening. They are going out Saturday night... Gail to babysit David and Ashley.

Our weather still just under average temperatures for this time of year, which should continue for another week, or so. I'm not looking forward to the near 110° Fahrenheit heat usually expected in July and August. Still a bit of snow on some of the Sierra mountains.

Cooked up a steak for myself for dinner... Gail's and my weekly treat usually, but Gail didn't feel well enough to eat. I'm feeling better. Gail's ills still keeping her from sleep. Her dogs don't help much, whining to be let out every hour or so. Luckily once I hit REM sleep AND I can breathe properly with the apnia mask I'll sleep through her constant getting in and out of bed... usually not waking until the grandkids, and/or their mother, start screaming in the morning.

My entries... " Poetry in Motion " daily contest:



Intrin(sic)



Imagination and creativity

is found of

mind and soul soaring

at their peak


:Bobby Nichols
6-25-2004






~~~~~~~~






~~~~~~~~


Seaside Sensibilities


Fog far off from view

Curlews rush the kelp strewn shore

Salt breeze chills... night nears


:Bobby Nichols
6-25-2004

" Intrin(sic) "... I thought too long on the title... generally a bad 'thing'... intrinsic... (sic). I originally came up with a poem of too many 'tiles' that I'll relate here::



Intrin(sic) Too



Imagination and creativity

belies mystique

... but mind and soul soaring

at their peak


:Bobby Nichols
6-25-2004


" Seashore Sensibilities "... a Haiku: sensibility... My sensibilities, of course... What would be if I lived near the sea ?... might not I be closer to Thee ?
Thoughts of shore birds skittering, shrieking, wheeling... murmuring tide washing the shore... the chill of the coastal breeze raising goosebumps on sand coated skin... the salt air a fragrance in of its own, the tang most refreshing...

Sea ya !!!





C'ya.  
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?