Bobby's Blog...<br>        " Process Poetic " <$BlogRSDUrl$>

                                                                   Font:  LG  |  sm


Friday, July 16, 2004

"Whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day."

--The Book of Mormon, Alma 36:3


Wednesday meeting at the Church... subject:  Adversity... or as I explained the term to one that had asked me what adversity meant:  when things just go wrong in life.  I haven't dealt with adversity very well, to say the least, in the past... Heaven knows.  The "True to the Faith" book gives great guidance in dealing with adversity with faith... the quote above a memorable reference.

On the way home... Gail's nephew Greg's truck broken down and abandoned.  Not too far from there 10 or 12 or so turkey vultures lording over a deer carcass... perhaps Greg's truck next?

Moved Gail's computer to another known good phone connection in another room.  More diagnosing and tweaking of Gail's XP computer... ridding still more spyware with another application that I use but had yet to install on Gail's computer called "Spybot Search and Destroy".  Fewer problems... still digging... the modem may be suspect.  I'm trying to find an external modem to test.  Gail has an internal v.92 WinModem, if I recall correctly, that appears to be 'dropping off' on occasion.

Trying to clean my "office"... it's even too cluttered for me !  Found a few lost 'treasures'... still looking for others.

Thursday:  Bowled, for the first time in 7 years, three games of a rather dubious nature.  My memory muscles have all forgotten... and I can no longer bend my knees to slide.  Being an impromptu  stop I did not have my own bowling ball and shoes... which is not much of an excuse... I just don't 'have it' any longer.  My last league bowling average before my 'demise' was in the 210 per game range... my historical sanctioned high series for three games 794.  At the rate I was bowling on this outing I may have achieved a 794 total in 5.37 games.  Gail was going to try... but when she stepped on the approach she got all dizzy-like and quit before starting.  I too had that dizzying feeling when I first started... not quite like a panic attack dizziness... but of an overwhelming sense of space and light type of dizziness.  And awkward... I now know how my learn-to-bowl students felt many years past... perhaps even re-defining the term.  Too much weight gained and too many years passed I guess.
Even the business of bowling has changed.  At this venue, Crestview Lanes, one asks for rental shoes, at $3.00 USD a pair, receives them, and is then asked to put the before mentioned $3.00 USD into a machine which then spits out a red ticket... which you hand to the person at the desk who gave you the shoes???  Not exactly like I remembered in my 10 years plus in the business and a near lifetime in the recreation pursuit.  AND you have to pre-pay for the games you wish to bowl at about $2.50 USD per game.  AND the automatic scorers, in this case an AMF version, are STILL very non-intuitive and buggy.  It's no wonder that bowling has lagged in popularity over the years.  I can't wait to go try my luck, elsewhere, again !!!

Fire in Cameron Park noticed on the way home slowing traffic on the freeway... apparently close to the LDS stake center and not too far from a municipal airport.  I pray all's well.

Played pitch, hit, and grunt with grandson, David, with a hard ball.  The softball has disappeared, so Gail bought a hard ball?  Needless to say my reflexes need to be a bit sharper... he almost tore my head off with a blast from his aluminum bat... his transition to hitting the smaller, harder ball most excellent.

My entries... " Poetry in Motion " daily contest:






~~~~~~~~~~












To Isengard !


Striding hoary Ent

Head thrown back, rakishly bent

On errand... war !!! sent


Bobby Nichols
7-14-2004
* an homage to J.R.R. Tolkien
 


The Bosom of Abraham


Would that Zen and Faith

Flow as rivers confluent

Into forever


:Bobby Nichols
7-16-2004







~~~~~~~~~~


"To Isengard ! ... ""... a Haiku: "... To Isengard !  Photo reminded me of "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy... an old gnarly tree set in a forest with quite a bit of character.

"The Bosom of Abraham ""... defined here... a Haiku: "... The photo for inspiration depicted a wondrous garden window-like view through the boughs of various trees decorated by the hand of God, in Spring, overlooking two rivers converging into one with a hilly wood of like trees beyond.  I might envision a place where two opposing disciplines come together in harmony... where enlightenment is a blessing of meditation and intuition, through Divine guidance. Truly a place where the just might put to use eternity. 

Sugeng tindak !!!





C'ya.  
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?