Bobby's Blog...<br>        " Process Poetic " <$BlogRSDUrl$>

                                                                   Font:  LG  |  sm


Sunday, November 28, 2004



"The beginning of atonement is the sense of its necessity."

--Lord George Byron




What love Heavenly Father has for us: the plan of Salvation... only through the Atonement of His son, Jesus Christ... a necessity I pray all become aware of.

Lord George Byron from Oldpoetry.com... what a cool site !!!

A familiar poem by Lord George Byron: "She Walks in Beauty"...




Weather: Thursday light rain... not enough to keep me from cutting wood... heavy fog at night. Friday mostly o'cast, Saturday clearing from rain to allow a full moon's grandeur. Sunday clear and brisk day, slight breezed night with moon still predominant... Orion leaning about 45° - tilting at beasts to the south.

Just for fun: A poem I remember reading in "Through the Looking-Glass", by Lewis Carroll titled "Jabberwocky" which I happened to stumble upon again while Googling one day. Makes as much sense as any of my poems.

Something is playing with my internet proxy settings... spyware no doubt... but I haven't isolated the beasty. It causes my IE6 browser to give errors (see Linux Forum: Linux Security : The dreaded 127.0.01 and not load pages. Since I don't use a proxy server I need to go into my internet tools and ('Connection' tab) recheck the settings. Somehow [ HTTP: localhost at port 8080 ] gets configured which I then have to delete every time I log on... go figger? Firefox browser is unaffected... coincidence? AdAware picked up two low level bugs, Alexa and some other data miner and I downloaded the updates for "SpywareBlaster" and created a new system snapshot to try to keep the protection 'fresh'. Still no luck. Going ta Google further...

Gonna try GMail File System as a file storage utility that I learned of on DSS satellite TV's "The Screen Savers". It maps itself as a Gmail drive in Windows. I wonder if I can store poetry files that can be linked to from my BLOG like an FTP site. Worst case is I'll have an extra backup of files. There's supposed to be a limit of 5MB or 10MB per file which for me is no big deal. More GMail add-on utilities.

BIG QUAKES: (From my e-mail alert notification through the bigquake mailing list.)

A magnitude 7.2 earthquake IN PAPUA, INDONESIA has occurred at: 3.63S 135.48E Depth 35km Fri Nov 26 02:25:06 2004 UTC
Location with respect to nearby cities:
95 km (60 miles) W of Enarotali, Papua, Indonesia (pop N/A)
275 km (170 miles) NNE of Dobo, Aru Islands, Indonesia

Hokkaido, Japan hammered again...
A magnitude 7.0 earthquake IN THE HOKKAIDO, JAPAN REGION has occurred at:
43.00N 145.09E Depth 44km Sun Nov 28 18:32:14 2004 UTC
Location with respect to nearby cities:
55 km (35 miles) E of Kushiro, Hokkaido, Japan (pop 199,000)
235 km (145 miles) ESE of Asahikawa, Hokkaido, Japan
930 km (580 miles) NNE of TOKYO, Japan

Saturday evening: "Lord of the Rings 'Return of the King'" on Starz!!! (Satellite TV movie) Last of the Tolkien trilogy on TV. Time to shake the dust off my Tolkien library and re100-read to get the detailed account refreshed in my mind's eye.

Sunday the 28th... wonderful Sabbath Day. Borrowed Gail's van to get to and from church. Lessons included the Millennium (as it pertains to the Resurrection), tithing, and the Sacrament. My readings in James E. Talmage's "Jesus the Christ" has me through: the 'Last Supper'; a new commandment: "Love one another"; the promise of the "Holy Ghost"; Jesus with the apostles Peter, James, and John in the 'Garden (orchard) of Gethsemane'; and Judas' betrayal... all in quick order. Such a great love Jesus has for us all to do the will of His Father.

Celebrated granddaughter Ashley's fourth birthday early with her large extended family at my daughter Chrissy's home. Cake and ice-cream and lots of presents for little Ashley. Gail had picked out a couple of beautiful porcelain dolls to present. Mom... I'll e-mail some pix asap.

I've been approved for the 'Google AdSense' program. I'll give it a go and see just how unobtrusive it appears and if any good will come of it.



My entries... " Poetry in Motion " daily contest:









~~~~~~~~~~

Creition



Poets are

quietly lachrymose

Words well

relentlessly

through fingers'

poignant path...

languishing only

as soft whispers

escaping


:Bobby Nichols

11-27-2004


Awake Ye Heavens!



Awake ye Heavens!

Long last will

He reign

His very love

ever beyond time


:Bobby Nichols

11-25-2004






~~~~~~~~~~






~~~~~~~~~~

Antecedent


Ylem spumes and spews

Space and time null convergent

Dark matter phased, skews


:Bobby Nichols

11-24-2004

SunFlower


Yellow sunflower

Eatable, spittable seeds

Such a funflower!


:Bobby Nichols

11-26-2004






~~~~~~~~~~






~~~~~~~~~~
T3


A living star rests

Salmon amongst the pebbles

Tidal treasure trove


:Bobby Nichols

11-28-2004

"Creition "... I neglected to make the word "fingers" possessive, ie: fingers', in the entry which wrecks havoc with the continuity of the poem... a solecism I regret. 'Creition' a nonce word formed from creation and the suffix '-ition' which Funk & Wagnalls' defines as 1. Condition or quality 2. Act or process, or the result of an act or process.

"Awake Ye Heavens! "... another hearkening.

"Antecedent" " a Haiku: "... 'Null' or light-like... 'Ylem'. The photo for inspiration showed two flumes of white water merging together in a rocky environ... I chose a more cosmological bent. More on 'Ylem' ( eye-lem ): An interesting art link at ylem.org... and still another word on the subject...... and still some more links to sate the soul.

"SunFlower" " a Haiku: "... just for fun!

"T3" " a Haiku: "... A wonderful salmon colored starfish pictured in the photo for inspiration with five webbed arms, (like the second picture shown in the encyclopedia link... but much more vibrantly colored and fleshy appearing), rests amongst pebbles in a tidal pool.



Jang kébedait malék !!!










C'ya.  
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?