Bobby's Blog...<br>        " Process Poetic " <$BlogRSDUrl$>

                                                                   Font:  LG  |  sm


Wednesday, November 24, 2004



"By common consent gray hairs are a crown of glory; the only object of respect that can never excite envy."

--George Bancroft.


More from George Bancroft:

"Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite. Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul."

"The public is wiser than the wisest critic."

"In nine times out of ten, the slanderous tongue belongs to a disappointed person."

"Avarice is the vice of declining years."

"Conscience is the mirror of our souls, which represents the errors of our lives in their full shape."


Weather: Wednesday the 17th/Thursday cool days. A bit of a light breeze late Thursday while I was cutting some wood. A doe deer took pause while I was contemplating the approach of sunset... A woodpecker in a nearby oak looking for bugs. A half moon graced the evening skies early - obscured on occasion by wood-smoke from wood-burning stoves wafting and light fog from the various and sundry ponds drifting through. Friday mostly o'cast with fog... cold. Gail's car overheating for some odd reason, but, we made our appointed rounds with only two agonizing stoppages to add water and cool the engine down. Sunday blustery Sunday... clear and cool Monday/Tuesday... Tuesday starting out with frost on the leaf ladened ground. Wednesday the 24th has blue skies with but a slight chill as I cut more wood.

Wednesday the 17th... Newcomer's class lesson from the "True to the Faith" book was on education. Our teacher for the evening a young man just out of high school preparing for his mission. He did very well in his preparation and presentation, and we had a good round of discussions on the benefits of continued education in all facets of life. My meeting with the new Bishop afterwards... quite enlightening. I'm preparing for further growth within the Church... much to cogitate upon. Our meeting ran a bit late and I was surprised with Gail and her father arriving at church looking for me as we were leaving.

Bishop thought to enlighten me by having me research the term "common consent" and how it pertains to the organization of the Church. I found and printed a number of references I became interested in... mostly from LDS.org. Here's a few:

Mom and Robin called Thursday night to wish me a happy birthday... I decided I'd cook my own B'Day dinner, Gail had left for a while, and so drove to the store in Georgetown, CA, for victuals. Anywho... I made some broiled Cajun chicken, noodles Alfredo, spinach, and Rocky Road II ice cream. Gail later arrived after an aborted trip due to fog to a cousin's funeral. Gail's stomach was upset so she didn't want to share of my feast... but she had a bit of ice cream later.

November 19th, 1975 - Gail and I married for the first time in Lake Tahoe... KFC for lunch for me and McDonald's for Gail about the time of her chiropractic appointment. A bit more chicken, and ice cream, for me for dinner.

BIG QUAKES: (From my e-mail alert notification through the bigquake mailing list.)

Wednesday, November 17, 2004
A magnitude 6.6 earthquake IN THE FIJI REGION (South Pacific) has occurred at:
19.96S 178.80W Depth 620km Wed Nov 17 21:09:13 2004 UTC
Location with respect to nearby cities:
75 km (50 miles) N of Ndoi Island, Fiji (pop N/A)
355 km (220 miles) SE of SUVA, Viti Levu, Fiji
395 km (245 miles) WNW of NUKU'ALOFA, Tonga

A magnitude 7.3 earthquake OFF THE W. COAST OF S. ISLAND, N.Z. has occurred at:
46.57S 164.83E Depth 10km Mon Nov 22 20:26:25 2004 UTC
Location with respect to nearby cities:
270 km (170 miles) W of Invercargill, New Zealand
345 km (215 miles) WSW of Queenstown, New Zealand
More ...... also see "Shake Me!" on the side bar.

Grisoft's AVG 7.0 Free version (anti-virus) has been released!!! I downloaded the 9+MB .exe file as well as the two pdf files for reference. I've used the free version of AVG 6.0 for quite a while and found it invaluable... and quite intuitive to use and update.

ieSpell 2.1.0 (freeware for IE5 & IE6) released. I downloaded this updated version, 2.5 MB, since I constantly used the previous version in spell checking my BLOG... though it doesn't look like it some times.

AND downloaded Earthlink's free spamBlocker plugin for Outlook and Outlook express to clean up my junk e-mail through Earthlink (I have never received spam-mail in my Gmail account!!!)

Fig leaves on our two fig trees are dropping in droves from the cooling weather... soon to be bare.

Bear tracks, according to my wife Gail and grandson David, found in the wet ground on our driveway. Gail also said a bobcat (or mountain lion?) making noises in the lower pasture.

NBA Basketbrawl... very ugly... another "black eye" for sports.

A gaggle of coyotes (or yotikiis [yo-tê-kys] as I sometimes call them) made themselves known with a murder of yips and a herd of yowlings. Gail's female basset, Poop, had been tied up outside while Gail was raking and burning leaves, I was in the upper pasture cutting firewood, Poop evidently exuding a pheromone that seems to be attracting the male members of the gaggle. Doggy quickly brought indoors.

My entries... " Poetry in Motion " daily contest:







~~~~~~~~~~





The End of Darkness




Rising angel

messenger bright

signals

darkness passing

His arrival within

white loving light


:Bobby Nichols

11-24-2004


Advent


Trumpets eastward blare

Aurora dance in the night

Behold the Lion !


:Bobby Nichols
11-23-2004






~~~~~~~~~~

"The End of Darkness "... may it be soon.

"Advent " a Haiku: "... the trumpet of the Angel Moroni. Poetic license taken... not all temple trumpets face the east. At least one faces west, Nauvoo, and possibly Taipei and Seattle.

As is the norm, stress from within and without plague Gail's and my lives. "Things" coming to their inevitable head. I pray that "things" get better and this isn't...

'au sa liu mada'....





C'ya.  
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?