Bobby's Blog...<br>        " Process Poetic " <$BlogRSDUrl$>

                                                                   Font:  LG  |  sm


Wednesday, November 17, 2004



"Having a family is like having a bowling alley installed in your brain."

--Martin Mull.




More mull:

"'Tis the maddest trick a man can ever play in his whole life, to let his breath sneak out of his body without any more ado, and without so much as a rap o'er the pate, or a kick of the guts; to go out like the snuff of a farthing candle, and die merely of the mulligrubs, or the sullens." - Miguel de Cervantes

"Worry is a useless mulling over of things we cannot change." - Peace Pilgrim


Weather: Sunday... blue skies above... perfectly cool brisk weather for short walk (20 minutes) to and from ride to church. Monday/Tuesday cool days.

I participated, my first time, in preparing the sacrament for the Sabbath. I was one of three to bless the bread and water, though I did not say either of the two prayers. This gave me a deeper testimony on the importance of the sacrament... a confirmation and renewal of covenants made to God and His Son. Later, at home, I re-re-read my manuals and the Doctrine&Covenants pertaining to the sacrament to further enlightenment. Social anxiety not too bad on my part... more a reverent solemnity.

A tweak or two to my BLOG template made... most unobtrusive.

Called Mom Sunday night, just before 9 p.m. her time. Everything's o.k. up north. Hey Mom... no pictures yet!

E-mail from my brother Robin re: a bowling tourney (ABT)... he came in 2nd on 11/13/2004 in his division... cool! I'm assuming he participated in the open division (scratch) as he's no bowling piker (can you say 200+++ average). My tourney days are long gone, I fear. I had so much enjoyment in the competition of leagues and tournaments, scratch and handicap, that it's painful to have left that part of my life hanging due to money and health. Perhaps the future bodes better.

BIG QUAKES: (From my e-mail alert notification through the bigquake mailing list.)

* A magnitude 7.0 earthquake NEAR THE WEST COAST OF COLOMBIA has occurred at:
4.61N 77.54W Depth 10km Mon Nov 15 09:06:55 2004 UTC
* Location with respect to nearby cities:
95 km (60 miles) NNW of Buenaventura, Colombia (pop 235,000)
155 km (95 miles) SW of Quibdo, Colombia (pop 74,000)
160 km (100 miles) WNW of Tulua, Colombia (pop 161,000)
385 km (240 miles) W of BOGOTA, Colombia
More ...

Firefox 1.0 (browser) has been released!!! So far only a minor hic-up here and there. Over-all I'll keep it as my default browser for now for further testing. My Opera browser seems to act up more than does Firefox... and IE6 will always be there when I need it.

Monday and Tuesday: Cutting/sawing firewood and re-routing phone lines for Gail's and my computer dial-up. For Gail's phone line this entailed crawling under the mobile home and squirming about in the still moist dirt and debris... yuck. Both lines finally finished... the firewood will (always) be an ongoing project.
I performed a thorough scan on my Win98SE box that took over 8-hours to finish, and updated both Gail's and my computer for anti-virus definitions (AVG) and adware/spyware definitions (SPYWAREBLASTER... SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY... ADAWARE), all freeware/donationware.
Checked out Craig's list for our general area for cars and trucks, and other stuff. Not really in the market yet... just wanted to see what's up and available. Maybe try this route to rid myself of a bunch of stuff.

Wednesday: Going to the DMV for picture and eye test to renew my driver's license... whoopee. However, it reminds me of a funny I read, probably in Reader's Digest, many years ago, about, I believe, Sammy Davis, Jr. I think it was Sammy because he had one glass eye and would have suited his humor to a "T"... but I could be wrong. Anyway... he went to take his eye test at DMV and was told to cover one eye with his hand and then read off the letters on the chart out loud. Being his good eye this caused no problem. When he was asked to read the chart with his other eye instead of trying to read the chart with his glass eye he merely took his other hand and covered the same eye again, his glass eye, and re-read the chart. By changing which hand he covered his glass eye with he gave the impression that he had changed which eye he was reading the chart with. For those not faint, or feint, of heart here's another funny I remember about a man with a glass eye and his proctologist... It's funny what one's memory and the right key words typed into Google can find for you! And yes, going to the DMV is a pain in the gluteus maximus, medius, and minimus!!!

Happy Birthday Melanie !!!... wherever you are.




My entries... " Poetry in Motion " daily contest:



BumbleBee


Flower to flower

The deeds of the bumblebee

Fascinate one's soul


:Bobby Nichols
11-17-2004


"BumbleBee " a Haiku: "... I love bumblebees. I could watch them for hours. I graced a poem some time ago titled "A Sunday Spring Walk... in Garden Valley", entered in a BLOG session on May 2, 2004, with a short observation of a whimsical bumblebee trying to take sustenance from a clover flower. The picture for inspiration today shows a bumblebee lit on some purple lupin flowers with a backdrop of leafy green.



Matcaci !!!...









C'ya.  
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?