Bobby's Blog...<br>        " Process Poetic " <$BlogRSDUrl$>

                                                                   Font:  LG  |  sm


Saturday, November 06, 2004



"Stride forward with a firm, steady step knowing with a deep, certain inner knowing that you will reach every goal you set yourselves, that you will achieve every aim."


--Eileen Caddy.


More 'stride':

"Order marches with weighty and measured strides. Disorder is always in a hurry." - Napoleon Bonaparte

"Progress is the stride of God." - Victor Hugo

"He who tip-toes cannot stand; he who strides cannot walk." - Lao-Tzu

"A President is best judged by the enemies he makes when he has really hit his stride." - Max Lerner

"It is a mistake to regard age as a downhill grade toward dissolution. The reverse is true. As one grows older, one climbs with surprising strides." - George Sand

"I sit astride life like a bad rider on a horse. I only owe it to the horse's good nature that I am not thrown off at this very moment." - Ludwig Wittgenstein


Weather: A low pressure system had been spiraling in the mid California state area: Thursday rain showers early... the day ending with mostly sunny skies. Mostly sunny on Friday with the weather staying clear for the weekend for what appears to be perfect weather for the Temple trip on Saturday as well as the Sabbath. Sweet !!! I managed a 3-mile walk before dark on Thursday and a short walk just shy of a mile on Friday. Sundown now arrives just after 5 p.m. PDT.

Wednesday's "True to the Faith" class on Debt and Divorce... both of which I'm a failed expert on. It's a shame I learn these principles in my late double-prime years (I'm soon to be 17 X 3). It's a blessing that the LDS youth have such great information available to them from all aspects of Gospel life.

Thursday early a.m. Gail may have had an allergic reaction to some "Nexium" prescribed for acid reflux. It's possible she's one of the rare cases the warning on the directions advises to watch for. Much interpersonal stress thereafter, possibly due to her disorientation and fear. Thursday afternoon we spent some time unraveling feelings by discussing "where I'm coming from" and "where she's coming from"... assuaging any misconceptions and re-affirming our pair bond.
I imparted a few words of wisdom Thursday evening to Gail while she was trying to rip seams with a scissors from a new drape she's sewing (the old sew and sew!): "You don't pound a nail with a cucumber". Her seam ripper had been made useless, somehow. I'm thinking duct tape over my mouth for a while might not be a bad idea.

Typed up a new resume for daughter Chrissy and printed an ap for unemployment insurance off the EDD internet site... form de110i.pdf, as well as printing up a job flyer that I had created, with a cool mountainscape as a backdrop, over a year ago. I be a typing, Googling, printing fool this day. Chrissy's husband, Richard may be off work 6-8 weeks following pin emplacement(s) in his shoulder.

Way too early on a Friday a.m.... my BLOG is unavailable to post to for some reason. I've been banging my head against the ether for over half an hour getting nowhere. Reminds me of a quote: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" - Benjamin Franklin. As Old Ben might have said: Bon Nuit!!!

I purchased two pairs of slacks at a Big and Tall men's clothing store that Gail found in Folsom. I purchased the one for the Temple trip and the second was half price on a promotion... both for just over $32.00 USD total. Recently I picked up 2-packages of T-shirts on sale at Sears, and I've been lucky in finding some Levi's blue jeans at second hand shops... two pair recently for $4 - $5 USD each... but finding the slacks for a 160 kg person like myself had been difficult. My clothing needs are pretty much taken care of now... and that pretty much takes care of my clothing budget for a while too.

Elders Allen and Eldridge came by Friday evening with a video called "The Restoration" on the restoration of God's church... the story of Joseph Smith's search for religious truth. Gail and I found the video very moving.

My entries... " Poetry in Motion " daily contest:

Chromatically Radical


The poem-body, I,

scrawls verses of color

punctuated by spiders

casting silky spells

of words strewn black


:Bobby Nichols
11-6-2004


~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~
Pachyderm


Wry elephant eyes

Whence enchanting dermalscape

Perchance a mud bath


:Bobby Nichols
11-5-2004
Mosquito


With eggs in despair

time is a mosquito's fury


Dispatched it wings


Its feast a desperation

bent on bloodletting


:Bobby Nichols
11-4-2004


~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~
Tryde and True


Friendship

time-driven through

thin and thick


Desire

the tempest

proud and hot


Love

silent flows

silky and soft


:Bobby Nichols
11-4-2004





"Chromatically Radical "... a whimsy.

"Pachyderm " a Haiku: "... Photo of an elephants eye and eye lashes surrounded by an expanse of grayish-brown intriguingly textured skin.

" Mosquito "... My second Mosquito poem (see also "The Hunter" on the sidebar), the first from the contest. The 'tiles' were very few to choose from, about 100 total, that I'm sure will lead to little differentiation amongst the poems entered in the contest.

"Tryde and True "... Quick and balanced. 'Tryde' a variant of 'tride'. This was one odd selection of 'tiles'. The assortment was sullied with 9-repetitions of the word 'Blood' and 1-'Blood's' and 1='bleeding', along with various perturbations... (sic)... relating to such. This didn't leave me with much to work with in the balance... so although somewhat awkward, I'm happy with the result.




�n�godziih doleel !!!...








C'ya.  
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?