Bobby's Blog...<br>        " Process Poetic " <$BlogRSDUrl$>

                                                                   Font:  LG  |  sm


Saturday, December 11, 2004

"Goodness is achieved not in a vacuum, but in the company of other men, attended by love."

--Saul Bellow



More from Saul Bellow:

  • "There are evils that have the ability to survive identification and go on for ever... money, for instance, or war."
  • "Everybody knows there is no fineness or accuracy of suppression; if you hold down one thing, you hold down the adjoining."
  • "Any artist should be grateful for a naïve grace which puts him beyond the need to reason elaborately."



Weather: Friday mostly sunny... too warm for the flannel shirt I wore. Saturday more of the same.

The Elders came by Friday evening brightening an erstwhile dreary day. We were to see a DVD, but we couldn't get the player to show the video... only the audio was present. Luckily, just by the audio, Gail and I realized we had already seen this particular piece. We then discussed the DVD starting with a passage in the Bible about Elijah and his significance to the faith. Evidently the Wednesday class last I missed was on Joseph Smith... a change made impromptu.

A day of cobwebs and a late Friday gave way to napping on Saturday. Gail was blessed with the grandchildren in all their glory.

Gail's car... hangin' in there.

My entries... poetry.com: " Poetry in Motion "... & Haiku daily contests:




~~~~~~~
I, Arboreal

I, Arboreal
Spatial pervasion total
Null geodesic

:Bobby Nichols
12-10-2004
X Alt @ Ion


Souls ensured dearly
days of perfect
rapture be

Pressed on ye
not stiff-necked
but eagerly

:Bobby Nichols
12-11-2004



~~~~~~~

"X Alt @ Ion "... My thoughts were thus: covenants made and fulfilled... la raison d'être!

"I, Arboreal " a Haiku: ... Words flow... and whence they manifold?... I do not know. Woofing my mentation around this subject engaged the knurls of my encephalon into rigor. Why this poetic¿ effluvial sputum spewed fifth I could not cogitate. Oh yeah... t'was a photo of a top of a tree framed by other trees and a near and distant mountainside... from the aspect of being on high (high up) as well.


Allez ciao !!!




C'ya.  
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?